Cuban Sandwich Dip
1 loaf of Cuban bread, center scooped out (save fillings for dipping)
1 packet pork gravy mix
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
5 tbsp. dill pickles, coarsely chopped and divided
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 cup deli-sliced roast pork, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup cubed ham
- Serving Size: 10
- Cook time: 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place bread on a baking sheet. Cut an oval on top of bread and remove the bread center to make room for the dip. Tear the removed bread top and bread center into bite-size pieces. Set aside for serving.
- Stir milk gradually into the gravy mix with a whisk in a medium saucepan. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until gravy comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups of the cheese, 4 tablespoons of the pickles, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Stir in pork and ham.
- Spoon dip into bread. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bread is warm. Sprinkle dip with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped pickles. Serve with bread pieces.