Elegantly simple, this recipe by Fresh from Florida will make your home-cooked meal seem like a 5-star entree.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and sauté the onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add marmalade, teriyaki sauce, orange juice, ginger, curry powder and diced habaneros; heat through (set aside and keep warm).
- Coat tuna steaks with cracked pepper.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat; sear tuna to desired doneness, turning once.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well-done center.
- Spoon the orange teriyaki sauce over steaks in the pan to glaze or spoon sauce onto plate and place tuna on top.
- Garnish with orange slices.